Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Mango Grove – Near Newton’s Super Market Candolim Goa



I have to admit, in all the years we have been in Goa I have never been to The Mango Grove, until the last three weeks, and I must say I was surprised.

Not a vast menu but caters for all tastes. During the last weeks, it has become clear that this is a busy little bar and restaurant, so I would advise either you get there early or reserve a table.

Patrick the owner runs a very tight ship. Staff are constantly on the go and I must say – deep breath, not like headless chickens. They seem to have their own set tables, and help each other with large tables, delivering food.  I can honestly say there is no I in team here.

Tables are set with nice settings, and cloth napkins, (always a plus with me.) Presentation of food is of a good standard and service is quick.

The toilets are immaculate. What I really love is they provide paper towels to dry your hands. There is nothing worse than seeing a dirty, grotty hand towel that every Tom, Dick or Harry has used, not to mention so unhygienic, this always makes me question the rest of their hygiene skills.

Food we had


King Fish Tikka – Rupees 380



Good sized piece of kingfish, soft and succulent.  Wonderful steak chips, sadly only seven



Squids Tikka – Rupees 320
Squid is rather tasteless, but with the tandoor paste, it was very tasty.  Good portion of squid and buttered veg. Nice to see broccoli on the plate.
 
Paneer Tikka (starter) – Rupees 130


Malai Kebab (Starter) – Rupees 190
Chicken marinated in cashew nut paste and grilled.
Dal Fry – Rupees 120
Tandoori king prawns – Rupees 420
A good sized plate of succulent prawns.
Half-Tandoor chicken – Rupees 220
Coffee a little disappointing, nice sized cup but sadly weak. Seemed like it had been through the filter before.
 
Verdict
Good friendly atmosphere, good food and good service. I will be visiting The Mango again.
I will give The Mango Grove
4/5 Chillies.
Patrick the manager
 
 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment