Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 July 2015

Delfino’s supermarket Porvorim


I can’t tell you how long I have been waiting for a really good supermarket.  It is by knows means Tesco or Asda, but the owners of Delfino’s supermarket in Porvorim have really thought about their customer needs and I must say have made a first-rate effort. 

On entering the supermarket compound there is a proper car park, with ample space and not filled with taxis! There is a HDFC Cashpoint, numerous food outlet stores an eating area, chemist and florist. 






Inside the first thing that greets you other than the friendly staff, is the vegetables, fruit and pulses section. Produce is fresh and of high quality, and I have to say cheaper than the local market.  All items are individually priced by the kilo, pick your own, and then you take it to be weighed and priced.









The deli counter
A fantastic idea, of hot foods and spit roast chicken with a selection of salads.








Fresh Fish












Meat counter







What really impressed me here in these three sections is the high quality of hygiene.  All the counters inside and out are immaculate. The staff wear protective clothing and gloves.  All food products are kept separate and covered.  Even more impressive is that each section has its own preparation area so no cross contamination.  








Wines and Spirits





.









The store is set out so that you can shop in ease. 


I have to say the staff and are wonderful friendly and all too willing to help when you ask. Management, yes I include management in here because they are always walking the floor, and take the time to speak to their customers, well done!
 On one occasion, I was looking for something the staff member in charge of that section asked if I needed help.  I said I was looking for a product that was normally on the shelf. She did no more than check in the stock room for me. Unfortunately the product was out of stock but the next time I visited, she came to me as soon as I walked through the door with the product in her hand. Now that is service.
What is so nice about Delfino’s is you can shop at your leisure; staff are not standing around watching your every move making you feel like a shoplifter. Comforting too, is they know how to stock rotate. As soon as you take a product off the shelf, they don’t rush to it and replace with a new one pushing the other products to the back, which I see so often in other stores.








Added bonus, a reward card for their regular shoppers.




What can I say? Delfino’s has set the standard, as the best supermarket in North Goa. From staff, management, cleanliness, products, to a wonderful shopping experience.
10/10 for Delfion’s
There is also another store in Candolim that is on the same high standards. 


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like share my experience while using an online site to book flowers for my girlfriend who was in goa. It was her birthday she was having a break with her friends in Goa. I had to wish her one way or the other. I decided to order a bouquet of flowers to wish her exactly on her birthday.She got the flowers on time and that just made my day.I would surely recommend you to try frinza.com to send flowers to goa. You can also have a go through their website www.frinza.com

    ReplyDelete