Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Shree Sagar Calangute Goa - Restaurant Review

 

When we arrived at Shree Sagar at mid-day the restaurant  was very  busy, we managed to get the last table upstairs.

A basic 100 % pure veg restaurant,  the  décor shabby however tables, cutlery, and plates were all  clean.  I did not see any wash rooms. 

 

After ordering our meal of Aloo Gobi, Veg jalfrazie and three plain roti, Mr R and I were expecting a long wait. It seems this restaurant is very popular with Indian tourists, tables quickly cleared ready for waiting customers.

Amazingly, we only had to wait fifteen minutes for our meals to arrive.
 
Aloo Gobi – 85 Rupees
Both Mr R and I were disappointed with the Alu Gobi.  Traditionally, from Nepal it is a dry curry of potato (Aloo) and Cauliflower (Gobi).  It was all sauce and hardly any potato or cauliflower.
 


Veg Jalfrazie – 100 Rupees

This is a curry of peppers, onion, tomato and green chillies in a thick sauce, one of my favourite curries, but sadly tasted just the same as the Aloo Gobi, but made creamy by adding yoghurt and paneer cheese.

 

The waiter hovered around the table as I was taking the last mouthful of my meal, asked if we wanted anything else, when we said no the bill was placed on the table already printed.

 

Would I go back again?   Mmmm..., I have to say the prices of a main meal for a busy tourist area are excellent, beach shacks would be putting the same curries on their menus for much more.  So yes, even though not up to my full expectations, I would go back. A 250 Rupees lunch for 2, with water, for a restaurant I have to say is excellent value.

I am giving Shree Sagar 3 red chillies mainly for the price.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment