Total Pageviews

Friday 23 February 2018

RANGOLI – (100% Pure Veg Restaurant) Calangute Goa

This unassuming restaurant, may be down to earth, but one thing for sure; they serve up a kiss ass curry. And No GST or extra taxes!
When we arrived there was only a couple of tables left, with diners just finishing their meals. Which was a good sign, that the food was good. The restaurant was clean and tidy. Staff were polite. One waiter spoke limited English, but was friendly. Knowing he was perhaps a little limited in his English, he passed us over to another waiter, who was very genteel. Ordering our meals he asked how spicy we would like our curries. Read our order back. During the meal he did a table check. After the meal he asked if we would like coffee, tea or desserts. But to be honest with you, we were so full after our meal, I don’t think I could have even managed a coffee. (So unlike me!)

If the standard of food we got that day, was standard then I can see why it was full when we arrived. Two bowls full to the brim, not only packed full of flavour, but jam-packed with all the elements described on the menu. And the gravy sauces! Well what can I say? Full of flavour, thick and velvety.

A must place to visit for a hearty lunch.



VEG JAIPUR RUPEES 190/£2.09/€2.38/₽165.24/₴79.29/$2.93

Hand on heart this is the best Veg Jaipur I have tasted in a long while. Under that poppadum the bowl was packed solid with chunky vegetables. Then the added surprise at the bottom, another poppadum. The flavour was awesome too.



Mattar Paneer Rupees 190/£2.09/€2.38/₽165.24/₴79.29/$2.93

I loved this curry, I cook it at home and try not to order all the time when eating out. But, I am so glad I did. So often when I order it, I am always a tad disappointed that I get more sauce than paneer. Fear not, there was a bowl full of paneer and delicious fresh peas, in a rich velvety sauce that was yummy.
 
Roti Rupees 15/£0.17p/€0.19/₽13.04/₴6.26/$0.23
Steamed Rice Rupees 80/£0.88p/€1.00/₽69.56/₴33.38/$1.23
 
 
 
Villa Romaria, Cobra Waddo, Baga Road, Near Union Bank, Calangute, Goa,
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment